You'll want to listen all the way to the end of the call. Because the host of the event, Cherlynn Thomas, who is a doTERRA consultant, shares an exciting offer you won't want to miss!
So, what are my Top Ten Tips to Weigh Less and Live More? Here they are:
1. Reduce Stress. Prolonged stress raises your cortisol, which in turn activates your body to store fat. And it also causes you to crave salty, sugary and fatty foods.
2. Drink water. Most people are chronically dehydrated. Often we mistake thirst for hunger. If you feel hungry between meals, try drinking a glass of water before giving into cravings.
3. Eat a plant-based diet. Plant foods are lower in fat and calories and higher in fiber than meat, dairy and processed foods.
4. Chew your food well. Digestion begins in the mouth. By thoroughly chewing your food, your body will better assimilate nutrients; you will also slow down your eating.
5. Eat real food. Avoid products with high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated fats or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. Highly processed foods lack the nutrients your body needs and are often loaded with empty calories.
6. Eat breakfast. Skipping meals causes your blood sugar level to peak and dip, affecting your energy and moods. It can also cause overeating later on because you’re so hungry.
7. Eat mindfully. Turn off the TV. Get away from the computer. Sit down and savor the food you are eating with no distractions.
8. Get moving. Engage in physical activity every day. Find any movement or exercise you enjoy.
9. Sleep, rest and relax. When you are sleep-deprived or tired, your body will crave energy, causing cravings for sugary snacks and caffeine as an energy boost.
10. Schedule fun time. Boredom and stress can lead to overeating. Make sure to take time to laugh, play and participate in activities that bring you joy.
You can listen to the recorded call below and learn all of my simple tips for a healthier you!
Weigh Less, Live More with Kim Neto