- I love that you taste sinfully delicious, yet are one of the healthiest fats.
- I love that you make my skin beautiful. Your antioxidants help to rid me of toxins which promote premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Tip: Apply one mashed avocado as a facial mask and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing. It will help to remove toxins and soften the skin.
- I love to spread you on my sourdough toast with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt.
- I love that you make my hair shiny. Tip: Mash together one avocado and one raw egg plus a couple drops of your favorite essential oil and apply to hair. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse, wash and condition with your favorite toxin free products. I like these from NYR Organic.
- I love to use you in my salads. Any kind of salad.
- I love to use you as a dip, by adding chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon.
- I love that you complete me. You provide all 18 essential amino acids necessary for the body to form a complete protein. Unlike the protein in red meat, which is difficult for most people to digest, avocado protein is readily absorbed by the body, because it also contains fiber. If you are a vegetarian or vegan seeking more protein, avocados are a great food to include as a regular part of your diet. Highest protein content of any fruit (yes, it’s a fruit).
- I love to use you in my smoothies to add some creamy richness.
- I love you on top of my poached eggs. A favorite!
- I love that you help me with my ABCs. While avocados have a high caloric count (one avocado is 320 calories), the nutrients and healthy fat make it a must-eat. They are an alphabet of vitamins. One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with a high amount of potassium. Perhaps the greatest health benefit of avocados is that it can improve your absorption of nutrients. Which means by combining fat burning foods with an avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
Ah, avocado. How do I love thee. Let me count the ways.
Kim Neto, CHHC
I am passionate about health and wellness. As a Certified Holistic Health Coach, I work with busy women to restore vitality and balance to their lives.